Friday, January 14, 2005

Today

Today I met with a client, talked to another, had lunch with Ted and hung out on the couch in his office for the afternoon doing reading for school. Felt how much more time we would need to spend together to get re-acquainted since having the kids. I'm going to start going there every Friday. Bought a book for Christine I hope we can both read and discuss one day. Author I really love. The atmosphere of her first book still remains in my memory. I can't say who she is in case Christine reads this before I give it to her! I just sent out the address to this blog to 20 people, so now I feel a certain pressure to make it interesting. But I hope I shake that off and forget, because I won't write very well, and because not many people will likely read it anyway - they'd have to find something that catches them, something strongly similar in our lives or interests. Or people who are close enough to me to want to read what I write (Ted? Christine? Farah? Anyone else?) I feel both completely fine if this doesn't ever get read and insecure. Like two different personalities, each one so distinct. If nothing else, starting this blog has made me realize that writing is a way to organize myself, and that it feels so meaningful - to say how things are - fulfills something that is difficult to describe. Writing makes experience meaningful because it reminds us we are aware, others are aware, feeling the events of life. It assures me of the depth of experience, along with the mundaneness of life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sandra, I think your blog is wonderful. It takes a lot of courage to share your thoughts with the world, to step out of your comfort zone and expose yourself in this way. You are inspiring me to think of ways that I could reach out and make connections, express myself artistically or just get in touch with my inner voice as well. keep it up...Jennifer

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home