Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I think I may be enlightened (tongue-in-cheek)

I was writing an exam today for a York course called "Embodied Understanding", which looks at various texts, including yoga philosophy. Reading the description of how a yogin experiences the world didn't sound so far off from how I do (at least some of the time). I guess I'm missing something though, because the person described sounds like s/he wouldn't have nearly as much trouble with life as I do. They'd be a little (or a lot) more skillful. More skillful at not getting so irritated with her children, not so afraid of other people and life in general... But I think I've got some of it right. The part I've got right makes me feel calm and happy sometimes. The part I'm most aware of right now is the (partial) ability to separate who I am from whatever my life looks like right now. This excites me so much - this perspective - because it means I don't have to react so much to other people's reactions to me - I can be there more. It also gives me permission to go wherever I want to - I am undefined. I love being undefined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home