Saturday, January 29, 2005

another saturday afternoon

Eating coconut rice and bean, brocolli, tempeh - yum

I am aware of how I start censoring myself (in advance) about what I write in here. As ideas come into my head about what I might write, I sometimes think, oh no, I don't want that known, or some people won't read it anymore, what if I'm misunderstood, what is the purpose of this blog anyway..., and the thought doesn't develop. I do this only half aware of it. So I'm working out here what the purpose of my writing is anyhow.

I know that the truth, with all its rough edges, is so much more interesting than the polished version, and more useful to other people. That's where I want to reside. I know that, but I have to remind myself. And I can decide whatever "truth" I want to share. I don't have to spill my guts, either. And of course truth is so slippery. You can slip into so many different storylines without even knowing it.

Who knows what I'll write next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Burton said...

I'm a fellow blogger and a reader of you too. Earlier when you say you listened to Indian music sitting on the ground was that Indian as from India or North American Indian?

8:40 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

East Indian - Qawwali singing and tabla

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home